Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Consider Image Access Wide-Tek Scanners for your HP PageWide XL printers

HI Ed,

 

Although I was unable to “attend” the virtual trade show (which, by the way. I thought was a wonderful idea), I am watching the rerun now.

 

I have a question for David Gerbholz of Image Access, and I’m hoping that you can pass this question along to David, as I would like to know the answer to this question.  

 

Here’s the issue….

 

If I’m considering the purchase of an HP PageWide XL system……

 

a) the lower volume models, such as the PageWide XL 4600, come with a built-in wide-format scanner.

 

b) but the higher volume models, such as the PageWide XL 8000, do not come with a wide-format scanner.

 

So, if I’m going to get an HP PageWide XL 8000, the question is, if I need to also acquire a wide-format scanner so that I can do scan-to-print work, should I acquire an HP wide-format scanner or should I acquire an Image Access Wide-Tek?

 

Also, the related question is, why should I acquire an Image Access Wide-Tek scanner to drive my HP PageWide XL printer instead of acquiring an HP wide-format scanner to drive my HP PageWide XL printer? (Advantages, benefits, etc?)

 

Thanks and regards,

 

Joel

 

David Gerbholz of Image Accessresponds….

 

Hello Joel,

 

Thank you for the inquiry and hopefully the demo had some good information for you! 

 

We do have a lot of our production shops utilizing our WideTEK CCD scanners with the HP Pagewide lines for high volume production. The HP scanners are actually Contex OEM scanners. Our CCD scanners are designed for longevity and high quality reproduction. The scanning glass in the CCD scanners is actually recessed and therefore prolongs the life of the scanning glass. Also, we utilize an HP print driver that creates a direct Scan2Copy function with the PageWide. All of our scanners have the software on the scanner itself, so there is no need for a PC to operate, unlike the HP scanner.

 

Overall, we can provide a personal demo for you to go over this in more details, if you would like. Just let me know and I will be happy to schedule that for you.

 

Stay safe and healthy!

 

Best regards,

 

David Gerbholz”


Sales Manager North America
Image Access LP
2511 Technology Dr. Suite 109
Elgin, IL 60124 USA
Mobile: +1 (303) 886-0319

 

www.imageaccess.us

No comments:

Post a Comment