Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cory Deermount appointed to President of Air Graphics

Congratulations to Cory on his new position at Air Graphics.

For those of you who do not know, or know of, Cory, he is a very experienced reprographics industry veteran.  (Emphasis on the word, “very.”)

It’s my understanding that Cory began working in the industry at The Blueprint Company in New York City..  (I met John Deermount, former CEO of The Blueprint Company, sometime back in the 1980’s.  Great guy.) 

After ARC acquired The Blueprint Company, Cory stayed on in NY, but was later relocated to TRS (Tampa Reprographics) in Tampa (also by then an ARC-owned business.)  If my recollection of this is correct, sometime after ARC acquired NGI (the business I was formerly with), ARC merged the operations of NGI and TRS and, at some point, Cory was with the ARC-NGI operation. That’s actually when I met Cory; I was retired from NGI at the time, but on a visit to NGI’s HQ office in Tampa, I was introduced to him by either Bob Paschal or Greg Williams.  Based on my discussions with Cory, it was easy to tell that he was “a player.”  (And an extremely nice guy.)  Prior to accepting a position with Air Graphics in Boston (Mike Cully made a wise move to recruit Cory), Cory also spent time as the General Manager of Bob Roperti’s Jiffy Reprographics’ operation in Clearwater, FL, across the bay from Tampa.

So, by my count (and I could be wrong about this), Cory has been with these reprographics industry companies:
The Blueprint Company (NY)
Tampa Reprographics Services (Tampa, FL)
National Graphic Imaging-NGI (Based in Tampa, multiple offices in FL)
Jiffy Reprographics (Clearwater, FL)
Air Graphics (Boston MA)


Congratulations to Cory on his move up at Air Graphics!

No comments:

Post a Comment