Friday, February 27, 2009

Other Reprographics-Industry-related Blogs that I'm aware of

I’m an older guy. That should make you fully aware that I’m somewhat “technically challenged” when it comes to setting up, using, or posting to a blog. I did want to mention on my blog that there are other blogs, either partly or totally dedicated to talking about the Reprographics business and industry, live and in color on the Web. Below, I’ve listed the ‘reprographics-industry-related’ blogs that I’m aware of. If you know of other blogs, ones that I’ve not mentioned below, I’d be happy to add them to this list. Please let me know.

The “Reprographics Industry” is a sub-industry within the much larger “Printing and Graphics Industry.” The Reprographics Industry is not well known by most people. (As an example, I was in the reprographics business for many years, and my wife still doesn’t know what I did for a living.) Although the reprographics industry primarily serves customers the A/E/C community (Architects, Engineers, Construction Companies, Real Estate Developers, etc.), companies in the reprographics industry also provide services that appeal to non-A/E/C customers.

In mentioning the blogs of others, please note: I am not including these blogs for promotional purposes, nor is my inclusion of these blogs on my blog an endorsement of the individuals or companies mentioned. Quite frankly, I expect that I will have very different opinions about most subjects. Without further adieu, here’s a list of the other ‘reprographics-industry-related’ blogs that I’m aware of:

John Cronin’s blog (The Blueprint) can be found at:
http://theblueprint.typepad.com/

John is the CEO of PLP Digital Systems, Inc.
PLP’s web-site provides this information about PLP: For more than a decade PLP Digital Systems has helped companies produce, manage, distribute and track technical documentation. With a broad suite of software solutions and world-class customer support, our mission is to improve our customers' profitability by decreasing operating costs and by creating new revenue opportunities with innovative products. Our powerful software, strong customer service model and progressive philosophy have made PLP the partner of choice for more than 1,100 companies in 30 countries. PLP is headquartered in Arlington, Virginia.

Curtis Thornton’s blog (ReproTrends) can be found at:
http://www.reprotrends.blogspot.com

Curtis is a member of the Thomas Reprographics team. Thomas Reprographics is based in Dallas, TX. When one consolidates the annual sales revenues of all of the reprographics companies controlled by the Thomas family, Thomas Reprographics is ranked among the top 5 reprographers in the U.S. Thomas Reprographics is a member of the ReproMax organization.

Jared Willis’ blog (BuildIt) can be found at:
http://buildit.typepad.com

Jared is a member of the Barker Blue Digital team. Barker Blue Digital is based in San Mateo, CA. Barker Blue Digital is a member of the ReproMax organization.

Tanner Bechtel’s blog (The Rockpile) can be found at:
http://www.tannerbechtel.com

Tanner is associated with the ReproMax organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment