Monday, April 5, 2010

IRGA Convention - The future of the Reprographics Industry - I stand corrected

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE DEBATE AND DISCUSSION THAT WILL HAPPEN, AT THIS YEAR'S IRGA CONVENTION, ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE REPROGRAPHICS BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY.

One of my blog readers, Casey Simpson, who is on the Board of Directors of the IRGA and who is Chairwoman of the IRGA Education Committee and Convention, submitted a comment on one of my recent posts about the lack of a "real debate" about the future of the reprographics industry. Since Casey's comment was one that I did not want my blog-visitors to miss - for Casey's point is very important (it corrects a "mis-assumption" on my part) - I decided to turn her comment into a regular post......

Casey Simpson said...

Joel, as a Board Member of the IRgA, the Chair(wo)man of the IRgA Education Committee and Convention, I wanted to respond to your post. First, thanks for promoting IRgA Convention Attendance! We are working hard to make this a valuable and memorable show. Thanks, also, for highlighting some of the scheduled sessions - there are quite a few more that we are very excited to bring to our Membership.

But specifically, I want to address this statement:
'I was hoping to find at least one “breakout session” that would be kind of a real debate about “the future of the reprographics business and industry.'

I am VERY excited to tell you and your readers that we are taking your idea of a 'debate' to a whole new level! We will employ a meeting technique called Open Space Technology. It is a forum for discussion to tackle exactly the topic you are asking for.


Here is the description of the session, from the IRgA website (irga.com). Feel free to contact me anytime to discuss this concept.

IRgA Presents "Open Space Technology"
The Future of Reprographics: Where it is going and how can we change with it?

1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

At this year’s convention and for the first time, IRgA will host the innovative meeting concept known as "Open Space Technology" (OST). This simple yet productive session will focus on the topic: The Future of Reprographics: Where is it going and how can we change with it?

This session is your opportunity to gather and discuss, from your unique viewpoint, how you view the industry as it emerges from its current paradigm shift of being a print provider to a technology service provider.

The rest of the description can be found at the bottom of this page on the IRgA website: http://www.irga.com/convention/attendee_resource_center/education.cfm
I'd love to discuss this with you more!
Thanks Joel - as always, I enjoy your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment