Thursday, November 21, 2013

Is GlobalGrafixNet still operating? (POST UPDATED at bottom)

On November 18th, an ex SP-UK guy reached out to me via e-mail, and this is what he said:

“Hi Joel - no more GlobalGrafixNet then....!!”

This was my response to him:

Hi ______,  Well, I don't know the answer to that.  I'll send off an e-mail to Mats, the guy who is/was running GGN, to ask him if GGN is still in operation.  If I hear back from Matts, I'll let you know.  If he doesn't reply, I guess that''ll answer the question.  If you know anything about why SP USA was abruptly shut down, please share!

And, afterwards, I sent off an e-mail to Mats.  Here’s the e-mail I sent Mats:

Hi Mats, I hope this e-mail finds you well ... and having fun. As you may know, I publish a blog ("Reprographics 101") about the reprographics business and industry. Last night, one of my blog visitors sent me an e-mail to ask me if GlobalGrafixNet is still in operation.  Is it? Best regards, Joel

When I visited GGN’s web-site, I noticed this announcement (dated February 13, 2011:
“New Member in Vienna, Austria” …. The GlobalgrafixNet Board is very proud to today announce that we have a new member in Vienna, Austria, namely Haltmeyer GmbH, contact person Mr. Andreas Haltmeyer (andreas@haltmeyer.at).

So, earlier today, not having heard anything from Mats, I sent an e-mail to Andreas at Haltmeyter:

Hi Andreas.  I'm the author/publisher of a blog about the reprographics business and industry.  My blog is called "Reprographics 101" and is located at http://reprographics.blogspot.com  I've been trying to get in touch with Mats at GGN, but I haven't heard back from him.  Do you know if GGN is still in operation?  Service Point USA shut down on November 8th.  Service Point Solutions (the Spain-based parent company) has filed for protection from creditors.  Service Point in Germany (Koebcke) has filed for bankruptcy protection.  Everything appears to be normal at SP's operations in the UK and in Norway and in Sweden.  But, I'm not sure if GGN has been affected.  So, if you know, please let me know, as I would like to let my blog-visitors know. Hope your business is going well.  Joel

This was Andreas’ response, which I received this evening:

Hello Joel.  We quit our membership at GGN last year. I didn't have any contact with Mats or anyone else there since 2011. I don't think GGN is active anymore. Hope I was of some assistance!  Best regards, Andreas


I’m not ready, yet, to draw any final conclusion as to whether GGN is out of business, or not.  I’ll try Mats again, and hopefully he will respond.  (He and I do know each other; we previously met in Prague and Rome.)


UPDATE, Nov 22nd, 4:20 am

I just received this e-mail from someone I met, a while back, in Prague, when he was visiting from a company located in Scandinavia:


We’ve met in Prague shortly. Just find out from your blog that you’re trying to contact Mats from GGN.  There will not (be any) answer probably, as Mats left GGN year ago, and there has not been any activities around GGN since.  _________, Development manager, __________

No comments:

Post a Comment