Wednesday, January 20, 2010

4Q-2009 Baird/IRGA Reprographer Survey Results

Tonight, I spent a few minutes perusing my way through the above mentioned survey, which, I think, was just published today (or maybe it was a couple of days ago.) (It may be that the Survey is only for IRGA members, so I am not going to post the full text of the Survey, nor am I going to provide an internet address for the Survey. If you want the full Survey, then my suggestion is that you visit the IRGA web-site.)

I'm finding the "results" of the survey to be weird, how about you?

Among other things, that survey says:

"Respondents indicated revenue was down -13.4% on average during the fourth quarter. Last quarter the average revenue of respondents was down -14.8%."

I'm pretty sure that the first number (-13.4%) is Q4 2009 vs. Q4 2008.
And, I'm pretty sure that the second number (-14.8%) is Q3 2009 vs. Q3 2008.

If that's so, then how in the world could the Q3 2009 vs. Q3 2008 number (which was stated to be -14.8%) be "real", when, if I'm recalling this correctly, ARC's number was over -30%, Q3 2009 vs. Q3 2008.

Can anyone shed some light on this one? Any comments about my comment or about the Baird IRGA Survey?


Based on another number the Baird Survey reported, reprographers are, apparently, optimistic, at this point, that the reprographics industry has hit bottom. Let us all hope that's the case (even though I don't think that's the case.)

1 comment:

  1. Really reflecting your sentiment at the end, Joel.....

    http://tinyurl.com/ya84xhm

    ReplyDelete