TUESDAY, MARCH 29, 2011
A Major New Release of AbacusPCR "Print Cost Recovery and Print Tracking Software" is Announced
Today PlanWell Technologies is pleased to announce a major upgrade to its Abacus PCR print cost recovery software. Used for keeping track of printing costs and reimbursable print jobs in both an office or professional print production environment, the Company highlighted the software’s new features and functionality while maintaining the easy-to-use interface that has been a hallmark of the application since its general release in 2008.
“Once users see how much money they can recover by tracking reimbursable print costs, demand for expanded tracking capabilities spikes quickly,” said Jonathan Styrlund, product manager for Abacus PCR. “While simplicity is the key to Abacus’s popularity, once users see the potential for greater profitability, they want to capture more and different kinds of data and greater interactivity with other systems. Our new functions go a long way toward addressing those needs.”
New features in the latest release include:
• Print Retrieval – allows administrators to hold print jobs in a printer’s queue until the recipient is physically at the printer to retrieve them in order to avoid forgotten or wasted printing, and to increase security for confidential documents.
• Rules-Based Printing – sets permissions and parameters for jobs to be printed on higher-cost devices.
• Color Recognition – detects color print jobs even when sent to [multi-function] printing equipment.
• Cisco Call Manager Integration – allows the ability to track job-related phone calls and other non-printing functions such as laser cutters [and other finishing equipment].
• Third-Party Integration – includes the ability to assign project information from applications such as Newforma and PlanWell EWO to reduce redundant data entry and enhance the level of detail assigned to a print job. Printing equipment from Konica/Minolta and Sharp have also been added to the equipment Abacus can track.
For a complete list of the features and capabilities of Abacus PCR, visithttp://www.abacuspcr.com/.