Monday, April 18, 2011

Chill out, relax, have a couple of Pina Coladas ….. venture to Costa Rica for a vacation and, at the same time, help out an Architect and his wife

Very interesting “human interest” story in the St Petersburg (FL) Times, Sunday April 18th. This story is about an Architect (Chuck Knight), formerly with LDDI Architects (Lyman Davidson Dooley Inc) – LDDI’s Tampa office – who, with his wife (Debbie Knight), decided to quit the rat race and build a Bed & Breakfast and home in Costa Rica.

The story reads like a novel – their initial plan, the obstacles they encountered along the way, the financial difficulties they experienced, the odds they faced, etc.

After reading the article, I’m ready to go to their B&B in Costa Rica to chill out and relax. Now, all I have to do is convince my wife that Costa Rica should be on our travel map!

Here’s a link to the story:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B81al4kFAU9JNTA0ZmZlYzUtYmYxNy00NTU4LWIxZmYtYWQyMDJkYzE4OTZj&hl=en&authkey=CIXfjoAD

Here’s the web-site address of their B&B:

www.ocasocerro.com

I looked through all of the photos that are on web-site. I think Chuck and Debbie Knight, the owners, did a fabulous job. The rooms are incredibly warm and inviting. The views must be spectacular. And, why am I not surprised that an Architect created such a beautiful project?

Check it out!

p.s. Even though I was in the reprographics business in Tampa from 1997 to 2007, I don’t remember ever meeting Chuck Knight or visiting Lyman Davidson Dooley’s offices in Tampa. I don’t think that LDDI was an NGI customer. Perhaps my memory is incorrect.

No comments:

Post a Comment