Wednesday, June 26, 2013
On the Reprographics 101 Blog on May 28th and June 10th, we posted two notes about Fuji Xerox’s release of the new “Docuwide C842” Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer, and in the note we posted on June 10th, we said this:
“…… to go a bit further, on March 1, 2011, Reprographics 101 broke the news that Xerox (USA) was exiting the wide-format imaging equipment business in the United States.” With the launch of this new, incredibly fast printer, is there the chance that Xerox in the U.S. will resume offering wide-format equipment in the United States? If not, then how will Reprographers in the U.S. be able to acquire this new Fuji Xerox wide-format printer?”
Well, we now have an answer to that question; yes, Xerox U.S. has re-entered the wide-format equipment marketplace.
Comment about the new Xerox IJP 2000 found, two days ago, on the web-site of wirthconsulting.org …..
“Xerox is introducing the Wide Format IJP 2000, which it says gives print providers the extra speed needed to produce more jobs faster. The Wide Format IJP incorporates five color inkjet print heads, and appears to be sourced from Memjet.”
And, here’s Xerox U.S.’ Press Release about this new wide-format printer:
Jun 24, 2013
ROCHESTER, N.Y. —
With the growing demand for large indoor posters, signs, point-of-purchase graphics and banners, Xerox’s (NYSE: XRX) new Wide Format IJP 2000 gives printers the extra speed needed to produce more jobs faster.
Increased speed means printers can accept and produce more wide format jobs, even last minute requests.
InfoTrends expects the retail value of wide format printing in North America to increase at a compound annual growth rate of 7.9 percent, reaching $23.6 billion by 2016.1
“The IJP 2000 breaks the mold in terms of speed and brings a huge competitive advantage to our customers,” said Dustin Graupman, vice president, Inkjet Business, Xerox. “Part of the challenge of wide format jobs is they can create a significant speed bump in the work process – and profitability. That’s why we’ve designed an uninterrupted operation right into the printer.”
Key features of the IJP 2000 single pass device include:
• Faster print speeds: complete jobs more than 40 times faster than comparable wide format systems (up to 4,520 square feet/420 square meters per hour). That means high-quality, color signs can be printed in five seconds, 30 foot banners in one minute and production runs of 200 prints in about 20 minutes.
• Stationary print heads: allow the paper to move under five print heads in one single pass; fewer moving parts mean better speed and less maintenance.
• High vibrancy with instantly dry ink: produce a variety of full-color products – from tradeshow banners and presentation graphics to life-size photos and promotional displays – with crisp, precise imagery.
• Expansive specialty media range: allow printers to offer customers more choices in wide format applications, with media such as banner fabric, photo gloss, satin and backlit/stoplight films.
• Industry-leading wide format workflow software: the Caldera GrandRIP+ keeps the device running at full-rated speed while processing jobs. The software is easy to use, even for new operators, and includes spot color matching for a uniform look across different jobs and media.
• Personalized software (optional): produce personalized materials quickly and efficiently with Xerox FreeFlow® VI Design Express software. This Adobe InDesign plug-in simplifies the design and creation of variable signs; includes templates and step-by-step instructions.
The IJP 2000 will be on display at FESPA, June 25-29 in London, Xerox Stand Q39N and at PRINT 13, Sept. 8-12 in Chicago.
Order taking for the Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000 begins in July.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping people be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Xerox® Wide Format IJP 2000
Single Pass Printing opens a new world of print speeds – print up to 4,520 square feet (420 square meters) per hour.
• A job that used to take up to 5 hours on multi-pass inkjet printers can now be completed in just 5 minutes
• Posters can be printed in under 5 seconds
Designed with speed in mind:
• Five fixed print heads simultaneously jet four inks to print vibrant images in a single pass
• Powerful Caldera GrandRIP+ keeps you running at full rated speed
• Two-liter ink tanks keep you up and running longer without pausing to load new ink
• Four-roll capacity lets you load up to 2,000 feet (600 meters) of media at a time
Link to Xerox IJP 2000 web-page on Xerox’s U.S. web-site:
Posted by Joel Salus at 8:08 AM