Friday, January 27, 2012

A colony on the moon - Go Newt!

I promised “no politics” on Reprographics 101.

I just wanted to share this one with my blog-visitors, as it was funnier than a Dilbert cartoon strip.

There was yet another Republican debate, last night in Jacksonville, FL; look at what was said (it made me laugh out loud.)

“About an hour later, Romney pounced when the topic turned to Gingrich's proposal for a permanent American colony on the moon – an issue of particular interest to engineers and others who live on Florida's famed Space Coast.”

“A career businessman before he became a politician, Romney said: ‘If I had a business executive come to me and say I want to spend a few hundred billion dollars to put a colony on the moon, I'd say, `You're fired.'"

To Speaker Gingrich ….. “when, under your Presidency, the U.S. has established a colony on the moon, would you, when you are finally out of office, please kindly use your power as a “historian” to convince Congress to pass a law authorizing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to give me a 125% loan-to-value mortgage on my condo on the moon?” And, please kindly make sure that the colony has a nice white-sandy beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment