Monday, March 14, 2011

One Xerox wide-format dealer's answer for "life after Xerox"

So, after posting several articles on the blog pertaining to Xerox’s decision to stop selling wide-format equipment in 2011, in the U.S. and Canada, I received an e-mail from one Xerox dealer who’s already done something to give his equipment sales and service business some “life after Xerox”.

Disclosure: John Laggy, the gent who wrote the e-mail, ran T-Square’s “equipment service” business, prior to starting his own business. John and I worked together at T-Square (South Florida), when I was *T-Square’s COO (from Jan 2, 1997 to Sep 30, 1997). So, I actually know John. John has been servicing wide format equipment for at least 20 years, if not longer. I don’t know a thing about Seiko-Teriostar. Frankly, until John’s e-mail, I had no idea that Seiko made wide-format equipment. I thought they made watches. (p.s., T-Square is now an ARC-owned company.)

_________

Hi Joel,

John Laggy here. I wanted to contact you in regards to what is going on with Xerox.

I am a dealer and I am also a distributor for Seiko-Teriostar for the state of Florida. I am currently looking for Xerox dealers to bring on our product.

We have been distributing and servicing these units for 4 years now and are very happy with their performance. There are two models, 1030MF, low-volume (15k sq ft per-month), & the 2050MF mid-volume (60k sf pm). We are not going to award more than 1 dealership per area, as Xerox has done in the past. Check out our website and click the equipment tab to see a demo on the 1020MF. I think you will be very impressed.

Thank you,

John

J&J Products Unlimited, Inc.


Print Shop Address:
6289 W. Sunrise Blvd, Suite 115 Sunrise, FL 33313 


Phone: 954-749-3601 / Fax: 954-749-4114


Email: Printshop@JJPU.com

Web: www.jjpu.com

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to know that Joel Salus has this blog and I must say the Seiko-Teriostar is diffently a good choice to keep the life of the wide format industry alive. The Seiko-Teristar 1010, 1020, & the new 1030 is a superior equipment that not only prints 6.2 D size per minute versus the Xerox 6204 & 6604 that can do up to 5. Also the Seiko-Teriostar 2050 is also a superior model as well printing @ 10 D size per minute versus the 6279 that does 9 Ds. The difference between the Seiko-Teriostar equipment is that alot of the items you have to add on the Xerox Equipment like the scan to net and extra paper drawer is standard on the Seiko. Not to mention the equipment seems to be more durable as well as cheaper in cost. I have observed the performance of this equipment head to head with oce and kip and xerox and I must say this is diffently a machine to purchase.

    ReplyDelete