Recently, I noticed that Reprographics 101 had been visited by someone from “The Danwood Group” (that was the “service provider” name listed in one of the reports I get from Google Analytics, which reports on “visitor” activity to Repro 101.)
Always wanting to know who my blog-visitors are, I looked them up on the Internet. And, I found that “The Danwood Group” is quite a large company and that they’re based in the U.K.
Their primary business is the distribution (i.e., sale of) copiers and printers (and, copier/printers, multifunction systems.)
However, they have a very significant MPS business. And, their MPS business is growing by leaps and bounds.
They’ve been growing …. in spite of the recession! Wow, take a look at their impressive growth, 2006 through 2010 …. Here’s the Internet-address of their 2010 Financial Highlights report:
We can trace our roots back to the 1970s, when trousers were flared and collars were large - and when print technology was vastly different to what we see today.
Over the last four decades, Danwood has built its success on two core values: product independence and customer-centricity. We have grown up during the technology revolution. From the large, noisy print and fax machines of yesteryear; to today's compact, multifunctional devices, intelligent systems and wireless technology.
• There are 40 Danwood offices in our network, including four national distribution centres, our head office in Lincolnshire and our regional sales and service centres.
• We are the largest, completely independent provider in the marketplace - a position we are committed to maintaining.
• We continually seek to innovate - for example we were first to market with handheld devices for engineers; and we offer 24/7 online service call tracking.
• We have installed or manage over 74,000 machines in the UK and Ireland.
• Faults are a fact of life; however our 370-strong team of service engineers maintains 97% uptime across our entire machine base.
• We listen to our customers. One reason why our national call centre is manned by our trained in-house team - guaranteeing you will always speak to us (not a recording or an outsourced service).
• Our engineers respond within just 4 hours (from when your call is logged, not from when our operator calls you back - there is a difference!)
• We take quality management very seriously and are ISO 9001 accredited.
• We are environmentally responsible, continually finding new ways to reduce the environmental impact of our own and our customers' operations. We are proud to be ISO 14001 accredited.
As an accredited SAFEcontractor member, we’re committed to very high standards of health and safety within the business.